The Seven Layers of the Aura
1) The Etheric layer – This is the closest to the body extending around 2″ from the body. It is light gray to violet in colour. Connected to the base chakra.
2) The Emotional layer – Directly outside the etheric layer, 1-3″ from the body. This layer holds emotions, feelings, sensitivity, joy, love and sorrow. Connected to the sacrial chakra.
3) The Mental layer – expands 3-8″ from the body. Mental processes, rules, regulations, judgement, discipline. Usually yellow in color. Connected to the Solar plexus chakra
4) The Astral layer – Extends to 1 foot. This is the bridge between the low vibrations of the physical plane and the high vibrations off the spiritual plane. Usually rainbow color. Connected to the Heart chakra.
5) The Etheric template – Extends to 2 to 5 feet. Looks like a a photo negative. It is the blueprint of the physical body. Connected to the Throat chakra.
6) The Celestial/Casual layer – Extends 3 feet . This is where spiritual connection and the process of enlightenment exists. Connected to the Third eye chakra
7) The Spiritual layer – Extends up to 3 feet. This layer protects all the other layers. It vibrates at the highest frequency. Often seen as a brilliant white or golden light. Connected to the Crown chakra.
We are all familiar with our physical bodies and their functions, but less so with our bodies subtle energy systems. Each of us are made up of layers of vibrating energy, each of which has its own specific vibration and purpose.
The Physical body
The physical body consists of energy that vibrates very slowly, hence why our body appears to our physical eyes to be solid. This has led us to focus more on the physical aspects of ourselves without recognising that we are actually created from and sustained by the energetic layers that surround our normal perception.
Our energy points, energetic layers and subtle bodies create an interconnected field of energy known as the Auric field. Each subtle body connects itself to the physical body via an energy point or Chakra, which directs the energy into the physical body via the meridian system.
Subtle Bodies Explained – The four major bodies
There are four major bodies, the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. The physical body is the one you see when you look in the mirror. The spiritual body is your soul and the emotional and mental bodies are additional, non-physical portions of your being.
These bodies are known as your “subtle bodies”.
Unlike your physical body, which is material, your subtle bodies are a lighter, more “subtle” form that cannot be perceived by physical means. The subtle bodies emerge from deep within you and expand past your physical body. The subtle bodies surround you in layers of increasingly lighter energy.
Your physical body is your densest, most material layer. This is surrounded by a lighter energy known as your emotional body. Extending past this is your mental body with an even less density. Lastly, your spiritual body, known as the soul, is the lightest, most encompassing energy of them all.
Your spiritual body holds all of your subtle body layers together. It is this body that is most essential to your being. This is your soul.
Combined, these subtle bodies are known as your “aura”, a field of energy that radiates beyond your physical self. Unlike your physical body, which is adapted to interact i the physical dimension, your subtle bodies(aura) exist beyond the constraints of fixed time and space.
Your aura is multi dimensional, yet you experience your subtle body all the time in the physical dimension. Each of these bodies communicates with you in a particular way.
An example of this would be if something happens that makes you want to cry. The feeling wells up inside you like a lump (emotional body). You hold back the tears because you think that its not an appropriate time or place to be crying (mental body), but the tears glisten and fall from your eyes anyway (physical body).
This is your emotional, mental and physical bodies all in debate against each other in response to the same situation. Meanwhile, the spiritual body is gaining experience and wisdom. The spiritual body is the most connected to the understanding of timelessness, so it is in no rush to resolve any imbalances it experiences. Instead, it allows any experience you go through to play itself out. This is why, despite the other subtle bodies having protests and disagreements, the spiritual body will always guide you in a deep, steady manner.
As in the above example, conflict in the subtle bodies results in one of them trying to overwhelm the others. When this happens, the energy connected with the emotion becomes pent-up. It festers and looks for a place to settle, inviting more of the same negative energies to join it. Over time, this unreleased negative energy becomes more and more aggravated and intense.
No matter which subtle body this pain presents itself, it will create an all round imbalance. This will be reflected onto the spiritual body which holds all the subtle body layers together.
Crystal healing is an excellent therapy to used to heal the subtle body (aura). Because the spiritual body is a subtle body, it can be affected by other subtle energies, including those produced by crystals. The spiritual body is able to interact with crystalline energy in the same nonphysical, multidimensional frequency
Any imbalances which are resolved in the spiritual body can then be reflected into the other subtle body layers. This becomes like a domino effect, due to the subtle body layers all being inter-connected. This results in the whole body being healed layer by layer.
When the spiritual body is in balance with itself, it shifts the other bodies into a truer, more honest state resulting in a clearer, more radiant energy of happiness and fulfillment in life.